The coming of Fall signals an explosion of yellow, red, orange and brown colors in different hues! As Nature slowly transitions from Summer to Autumn, we find ourselves drawn to the cozy indoors.
Make the most out of this season by decorating your home in traditional Fall colors:
- Use natural light: Since days are shorter in the Fall, you’ll have to make full use of the available natural light! Bring the soft Autumn sun into your home by fully raising your blinds or opening your curtains. You can replace any dark and heavy drapes with pale yellow curtains. Also, try adding more mirrors to reflect the sunlight back into your living room, bedroom or bathroom.
- Paint the walls: Make your home feel warmer by painting the walls in Fall-inspired colors. Take your cues from Nature and use colors found in maple, oak, hickory, ash, sycamore or birch trees. To make it more fun (albeit messy), get your family to help paint during the weekend!
- Display Fall foliage indoors: Let the beauty of Nature into your home by displaying Fall foliage indoors. Go outside and have fun choosing different leaves and branches to use for display! These will look absolutely gorgeous sitting in a wooden basket or sprinkled along a runner on the dining room table.
- Hang herb wreaths above the mantelpiece: Since Autumn is the harvest season, try hanging herb wreaths above the mantelpiece. Choose wreaths in yellow, red, orange and brown for a Fall-inspired look. Just like scented candles, they’ll even make your room smell good!
- Fill baskets and bowls with pine cones: Use pine cones as decorative pieces by filling baskets and bowls with them. Adding just the right touch, they’re versatile and abundant in season!
- Use seasonal produce: Choose from a wide selection of produce that is easily available in the Fall like apples, pears, grapes, figs, pomegranates and pumpkins. You can use them for displays or as decorative accents (plus you can eat them when they’re ripe!).
- Place centerpieces on the table: Keep in line with the Fall theme by using your garlands as centerpieces for the table. Make sure that nothing goes to waste by incorporating pine cones or other decorations left over from other holiday projects!
- Add throw pillows and matching rugs: Cover throw pillows in different Autumnal colors, ranging from chocolate brown, rich burgundy and pumpkin orange (they even sound delicious!). You can complement these throw pillows by getting matching rugs made from natural fibers like jute, organic cotton or hemp.
Happy decorating from Balsam Hill!Tweet