Preparing for the holidays can get hectic and feel utterly chaotic. Don’t worry! I’ve got a few tips on how to stay organized while taking all of your decorations out of storage. I hope these suggestions will be as useful for you as they were for me.
Tips on how to easily take out holiday décor from storage
- Get help! No one decorates alone. Pull in a friend or ask your children to help out.
- If possible, survey your Christmas storage and identify what’s in the boxes. Hopefully, you’ve labeled them and put them in clear plastic bins.
- Bring the box of décor into the designated unpacking and packing room – if you have a lot of pieces like we do, you’ll definitely have a room where you’ll prepare the Christmas decorations.
- Make piles according to the type of decoration or room. For example, dedicate a corner to Christmas wreaths or garlands. It helps to use a special box that individually stores each of your ornaments so you can see your whole collection before placing them on the tree. This visually helps you decide where you want to place each ornament to balance the tree décor. For easy access, leave the Christmas tree ornaments and lights next to the tree.
- Decorate one box at a time. This keeps mess (and thus stress) to a minimum. It also means that you can stop whenever you like while keeping your area clutter-free.
- Repack as you go. Before moving onto another box, put the empty containers back into the box and seal it.
- It’s always best to cover your work area with a sheet (like old bed sheets or towels) because the glitter from those ornaments can get everywhere. This helps to prevent the ornaments from rolling off your work area and breaking apart. Also, if the ornaments did break by accident, the mess is much easier to clean.
These tips ought to keep your stress levels at an absolute minimum. Prepare well enough in advance and you won’t feel overwhelmed when the holidays start coming around. Good luck!
Comments are closed.