One of the best ways to celebrate the Fourth of July is to head outdoors and have an all-American cookout with friends and family. Of course, the star of this festivity is ultimately your tablescape and the feast that abounds. Here are some marvelous decorating tips and delicious recipes that will certainly make your Independence Day party unforgettable:
Red, White and True
Infuse your space with a patriotic atmosphere by adding colorful red, white, and blue ornaments. Flags make an excellent display. For something different, you can also paint flags on your unused throw pillows and place them on your patio couches. Another great idea is to dangle metal lanterns. This will be a nice touch as it will illuminate your space until the wee hours of the night.
Stars and Stripes in Style
You can also bring the spirit of the occasion onto your table by featuring the good old stars and stripes. Patterned table cloths and napkins make excellent additions to your tablescape. Tabletop liners with the design of the American flag are also perfect for this occasion.
Whet your guests’ appetite by serving a scrumptious starter. Here is a recipe for Grilled Peach Barbecue Wingers, which is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy.
- Chicken wings
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of peach jam
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup of apple cider
- 2 cups of barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. of hot sauce
- Scallions (for garnish)
- Combine the barbecue sauce, peaches, and half of the chopped garlic in a food processor and blend until mixed well. Add a tablespoon of salt and a dash of pepper and mix again. Reserve half a cup for basting.
- Toss chicken wings and the other remaining half of the sauce in a plastic bag. Put in refrigerator for an hour.
- Combine the jam, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, and a tablespoon of salt in a pan. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Grill chicken wings for around 10 to 15 minutes. Once the first batch is done, you can begin brushing the cooked wings with the sauce. Put them back on the grill for 5 to 10 minutes. Top with scallions and serve hot.
Classics with a Twist
You can never go wrong with a delicious burger. This Bacon and Bleu Cheese Burger will surely fill everyone’s tummies and keep them coming for seconds. Here’s what you need to make this dish:
- Burger buns
- Lean ground beef
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 pd. of sliced mushrooms
- Romaine leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of bacon bits
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. of salt
- 1/2 tbsp. of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. of garlic power
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of water
- Combine the cheeses and bacon bits in a large bowl. Mix it thoroughly. After, mold lean beef into thin burger patties.
- Combine two burger patties with the cheese and bacon mixture in the middle. Do this process for the rest of the patties.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- While grilling the patties, sauté mushrooms in the olive oil. Afterwards, combine mushrooms with mustard and water. Mix well.
- Place the patties on the buns. Finally, add the mushroom mixture, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato, and then top it with the other side. You can also add extra strips of bacon if you like. Serve with potato chips or fries.
A Firework of a Dessert
To cap off the meal, serve a spectacular dessert. This Triple Berry Crisp will surely be a hit. Here’s what you need to make this culinary wonder:
- 1 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup of blackberries
- 1 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tbsp. powdered cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350o F. While waiting, toss the berries with 2 tbsp. of sugar using a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, the remaining sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats. Add butter. Mix thoroughly until butter crumbles. Add half of this mixture to the bottom of your pan. Place all the berries. Cover it with remaining crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve in a bowl with a large dollop of heavy cream or ice cream.
Have a wonderful and memorable Independence Day party with these excellent suggestions and superb dishes from the Balsam Hill blog.