Warning: printf() [function.printf]: Too few arguments in /home/content/76/5187976/html/wp-content/themes/balsamhillblog/functions.php on line 410
There are so many ways for us to treat the environment well while keeping the Christmas spirit alive. I’ve developed some eco-friendly holiday decorating strategies over the years and they haven’t failed me yet! I’m sharing some of these strategies so that we can all have a wonderful, green Christmas this year (and maybe get a reward from Santa Claus!).
- Incorporate Natural Objects: Use pine cones, berries, evergreens or fruits in season as decorative accents or table centerpieces. You can paint them or add glitter to match your wreaths, garlands or Christmas tree decorations.
- Use Cloth Napkins: Add a touch of Old World sophistication by using cloth napkins for the dinner table. Buy these in traditional holiday colors and tie them with some twine. Not only is it a classy look, but you can reuse them every year!
- Use Burlap Bags: Stylish and eco-friendly, you can buy burlap bags at a local store. Use burlap bags to cover your Christmas tree stands or as gift wrappers and candleholders.
- Reuse Old Greeting Cards: Don’t throw away those greeting cards from last year! Make some lovely place cards by snipping off the front page of your old greeting cards. Decorate them with some gold ink and use some pretty ribbon to attach them to small potted plants. These will look beautiful on your table and can even double as party favors!
- Choose LED lights: How about using LED lights for your Christmas trees? They last twice as long and are ninety percent more efficient than traditional bulbs. If you’d like some options, you can check out our Multicolor LED or Candlelight LED light strings.
- Reuse Old Greeting Cards: Don’t throw away those greeting cards from last year! Make some lovely place cards by snipping off the front page of your old greeting cards. Decorate them with some gold ink and use some pretty ribbon to attach them to small potted plants. These will look beautiful on your table and can even double as party favors.
- Reuse Gift Wrapping Paper and Ribbons: Ever wondered what you should do with old gift wrapping paper and ribbons? Try using them to wrap presents (just make sure to remove any old tags!).
These holiday decorating strategies are eco-friendly, economical and you’ll be breathing new life into those beautiful materials (you’re totally hitting three birds with one stone!). Happy decorating!