There has never been a day when love is more celebrated than Valentine’s. Owners of flower shops and candy stores see a lot of business when February starts rolling in, and reservations to the best and most romantic restaurants and hotels are made. While most people are already thrilled at the prospect of receiving a dozen roses and having a five-course dinner with a great view of a starlit sky, no one will ever turn down a luxurious getaway with a loved one. Balsam Hill takes you on, probably not a magic carpet ride, but a romantic tour of the world’s most exquisite places to enjoy a crackling fire or a glass of champagne with your partner.
Thanksgiving dinner is never complete without a stuffed turkey in the center of the table. In fact, the famed breaded stuffing is so inculcated in tradition that almost the same traditional recipe is repeated all throughout the country come Thanksgiving Day. Why not try something different this year and awaken your palate? Surprise your family and friends with these delectable stuffing ideas.
Image courtesy of winnond | FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Sausage and Rice
Complement the delicate flavor of the turkey with this quick and easy Sausage and Rice stuffing recipe that’ll delight your guests with its rich flavors and textures.
Sliced Sausages (choose spicier varieties to add a kick to your dish)
Onion and Garlic
Fresh Herbs (a good mix of your favorite herbs)
Mashed Pumpkin or Squash
Salt and Pepper
1. Cook the rice as directed but throw in half of your fresh herbs in the cooking water to add a hint of flavor.
2. Sauté the onion and the garlic in a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the sliced sausages and keep in the pan until slightly browned.
3. Rub the outside of the turkey with the residual oil left in the pan to add flavor.
4. Mash a cup of boiled pumpkin or squash. Mix it together with the rice, sausage, and the rest of your fresh herbs. Season it with salt and pepper and let the mixture cool.
5. Stuff your turkey as you normally would.