The long days of the new season can be a bit stressful. One of the means to beating the heat is by relaxing while nursing an ice-cold refreshment. Here are four delightful beverages that will cool you down and help you unwind during those warm summer afternoons and evenings:
Blackberry and Strawberry Sangria
Invite your friends over for an intimate dinner under the stars and serve them this appetizing drink. Be sure to prepare:
- 4 cups fresh blackberries and strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2,750 ml rose wine
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cognac
- 3 cups peaches, halved
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Get a medium-sized saucepan. Over low heat, add 2 cups of berries, sugar, and water. Afterwards, sprinkle the mixture with a dash of salt. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes. Then, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Strain mixture and dispose of the leftover from the berries.
- Get a 1-gallon pitcher. Pour in the berry syrup and rose wine. Stir repeatedly. Afterwards, add the cognac, lemon juice, and the remaining fruits. Stir again. Sprinkle drink with basil leaves. Refrigerate for an entire day.
- Serve over ice and add more berries if necessary.