The long days of the new season can be a bit stressful. One of the means to beating the heat is by relaxing while nursing an ice-cold refreshment. Here are four delightful beverages that will cool you down and help you unwind during those warm summer afternoons and evenings:
Blackberry and Strawberry Sangria
Invite your friends over for an intimate dinner under the stars and serve them this appetizing drink. Be sure to prepare:
- 4 cups fresh blackberries and strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2,750 ml rose wine
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cognac
- 3 cups peaches, halved
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Get a medium-sized saucepan. Over low heat, add 2 cups of berries, sugar, and water. Afterwards, sprinkle the mixture with a dash of salt. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes. Then, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Strain mixture and dispose of the leftover from the berries.
- Get a 1-gallon pitcher. Pour in the berry syrup and rose wine. Stir repeatedly. Afterwards, add the cognac, lemon juice, and the remaining fruits. Stir again. Sprinkle drink with basil leaves. Refrigerate for an entire day.
- Serve over ice and add more berries if necessary.
This is a wonderful treat for tea lovers. It can also be a marvelous alternative to people who can’t live without their cup of iced coffee. Here’s what you need for this sweet treat:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- 32 oz chai tea concentrate
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves, chopped
- Grab a large pitcher and pour in the chai tea concentrate. Add sugar, single cinnamon stick, basil, sliced lemon and sliced orange. Cover pitcher with plastic wrap to seal flavor. Chill inside refrigerator for 4 to 10 hours.
- Strain mixture and discard the solids. Add club soda to the pitcher and stir well.
- Serve over crushed ice. You can also add additional cinnamon sticks and more fruit slices to give it a bit more kick.
This drink is sure to make your weekend extra special. Take it with you when you lounge by your pool on a sunny afternoon:
- 1 cup pisco or white rum
- 1 cup guava nectar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Lime wedges
- Mint Leaves
- Get a large glass pitcher, pour in the pisco, guava nectar, and lime juice. Add two tablespoons of sugar. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour juice into 4 glasses. Top with a lime wedge and sprinkle cocktail with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
This fruity concoction is the perfect end to a long day. Here’s what you need to create this wonderful cocktail:
- 5 cups watermelon cubes, seedless
- 3/4 cup lemon vodka
- 6 tbsps lime juice
- 6 tbsps Cointreau
- 3 tbsps sugar
- Place the watermelon cubes in an electric blender and turn it on for 2 to 3 minutes. Blend until fruit is completely pureed. Pour into a pitcher and place it inside a chiller for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once the puree is slightly frozen, pour one cup of watermelon blend, 1/4 cup of lemon vodka, two tablespoons of lime juice, a tablespoon of Cointreau and a tablespoon of sugar to your blender. Add five ice cubes or a cup of crushed ice. Blend for two to three minutes. Serve immediately.
Keep cool and fresh during the bright and sunny season with Balsam Hill’s delectable cocktails.Tweet