The staircase serves as a pathway that leads people from one part of the room to another. At Christmas time, it brings the family to the area where the tree, the presents, and your loved ones and guests are—making it a wonderful place to decorate during the yuletide season.
Here are a few ideas on how you can spruce up your staircase for the holidays.
- Artificial green pine garlands accentuated with red bows are traditional favorites. Drape the material down the length of the baluster, create loops of three or more, and secure each with a ribbon for a timeless, classic appeal.
- Make your staircase a lovely extension of your Christmas tree by decorating it with garlands made of similar needles. Use the same Christmas balls, lights, and ornaments on the tree to achieve a cohesive design. Hang sprigs of mistletoe and holly on both ends of the banister to tie everything together.
- Make gift-giving more exciting by hanging the stockings for each member of your family along the moldings. Stuff each with presents and some sweet treats, and the children will surely be delighted.
- Drape colorful ribbons over the entire length of the handrail. Accentuate with pinecones, sparkling stars, and bells to create a charming effect.
- Use a craft wire to tie sprigs of holly, some twigs, and red berries together, and then mount one on each of the banister posts. This will bring the beauty of the outdoors into your home.
- Flowers on the stairs never go out of style. A garland of bright red poinsettias or Christmas roses on the balustrade provide a dainty and cheerful look.
- Attach wreaths along the banister for an interesting visual treat. Create a classic design with artificial evergreens, or choose those made of feathers and silver snowflakes for one-of-a-kind appearance.
- Set up lanterns and fairy lights down the balustrade. This striking lighting design creates a cozy and romantic atmosphere, making your descent to the sitting room feel like entering a magical land.
The staircase should not be ignored when planning the Christmas décor for the home. A beautifully-decorated stairs allows you to bring the spirit of the holiday from room to room. Happy decorating!Tweet