Decorating the Fireplace
A beautifully decorated fireplace intensifies good cheer and warmth to every home. Before decorating, clear off your fireplace mantel of any existing ornaments. Just like a painter, start with a blank canvas to let your creativity flow and you may even surprise yourself.
- Let the season inspire you. Incorporate seasonal blooms and use Christmas colors for your decor during the holidays. Don’t hesitate to experiment with non-traditional colors to add interest in your design.
- Choose the right fabric. Use light fabrics in spring and summer, brilliant-colored fabric or classic red and green for Christmas, and thick, rich- colored fabric in winter.
- Simplicity is key. Framed artwork or family portraits, floral arrangement, clear vases, and jars are simple accents that add a charming effect to any space.
- Add texture. Incorporate bronze, metallic, ceramic or wooden add-ons to boost textures and create a point of interest. You may also try combining different elements for a mixed-and-matched appeal.
- Enhance your decor with verdant hues. Real or artificial greens add life and a sense of abundance to a room. Adorn the corners of the mantel with garlands and tiny pieces of seasonal decor.
With tasteful ideas and minimal decorating, the fireplace serves as an impressive showpiece in your home – not only during the holidays but throughout the year.