Choosing a Location for Your Holiday Tree (or Trees)
Picking the best location for your holidays trees can take up a lot of time, especially if you’re feeling undecided. I’ve experienced this problem a few times myself! I’ve learned how to choose the best spots to make sure that all the hard work (and hours!) spent decorating won’t go to waste.
- Most Visibility: Why not place your holiday tree in the room your family gathers in the most? It could be the den, the living room or the dining room. Your family will definitely enjoy seeing it every day, especially on Christmas day!
- Most Convenient: It’s practical to place your holiday trees near electrical outlets to ensure that you won’t have a hard time plugging in your lights. Locations near electrical outlets may be high traffic areas, so consider using smaller artificial trees for these areas.
- Indoors and Outdoors: If you’ve got a house with a big yard or porch, consider placing some holiday trees outside. This adds to the festive atmosphere, especially if you’re planning to have lots of parties over the holidays! If you’re staying in a smaller place like a condominium or studio apartment, you can always place your trees indoors. They’ll still look wonderful and you can still go crazy decorating the trees however you like!
- Avoid Lighting Switches: If possible, avoid placing holiday trees near light switches since people might accidentally knock down the decorations when they switch the lights on and off.
- Avoid Blocking Entryways or Closets: Avoid placing your holiday trees in areas where they could be blocking entryways or closets. Not only will you have a hard time moving around, but you’ll probably end up knocking down the decorations or even the trees themselves!
I hope these tips will help lessen your stress and increase the fun during the holidays. Happy decorating!