Make your home more festive this holiday season with beautiful pine cone trees! I’ve come up with a few simple and creative ways for you to use them in your home décor.
- Tabletop Pine Cone Forest: Bring the outdoors in with a tabletop pine cone forest (you’ll need around four large and three small pine cone trees for this project). Cover the pine cone trees in gold paint and glitter and place them in silver bowls. For a festive touch, place some silver ball ornaments around them and add a small tree topper like a gold star. I’m so sure this’ll be a big hit, especially during meal times!
- Mantelpiece Pine Cone Tree Displays: Turn your fireplace into a showstopper with some pine cone trees! Place two large pine cone trees on either side of the mantelpiece. Afterwards, hang an herb wreath above the fireplace and some pine cone garlands on the mantelpiece. Do all this and you’ll be all set for a cozy night around the fireplace.
- Ornamental Pine Cone Trees: Running out of ball ornaments for your artificial tree? Try turning small pine cone trees into ornaments. Paint them in traditional Fall colors like red and yellow and embellish them with some gold glitter and beads. Just use a hot glue gun to stick them with some ribbon and you’ll be hanging them in no time!
- Thanksgiving Pine Cone Tree Topiaries: If you’ve picked up any larger pine cones (like those from the Ponderosa pine tree), you can make some pine cone tree topiaries. Just place the pine cones in terra cotta pots and add some red berries as decorative accents. You’ll have some lovely pine cone tree topiaries, which you can put on display along the hallways or by the doors.
- Halloween Pine Cone Candy Trees: Add a unique twist to your Halloween décor by covering pine cone trees with some yummy candy. Use hot glue, stick candy corn and black licorice all over the pine cone trees. Trust me, you’ll definitely be fighting with the kids over this project!
Charming and natural, these pine cone trees look good as table centerpieces or as mantelpiece displays (why not try doing both?). I hope my ideas make your home look just as gorgeous as our living room display above. Happy decorating!Tweet